Monday, January 15, 2018

Learning Challenge: Read an Article

I read Get Off The Couch Baby Boomers, Or You May Not Be Able To Later and learned that prolonged sitting can lead to immobility in the future. It was surprising because in the study conducted, the participants ranged from ages 50 to 71 which is not too old. That is still middle aged adults with a long life ahead of them but not being able to move due to prolonged sitting. I have never thought about how long I actually sit in a day because all I do is sit in classes all day and then I go home to sit and study or do homework the rest of the night. If I have free time during the breaks, I also just sit and binge watch for hours without moving. I will definitely try to remember to get up and jog or move around every hour to avoid sitting for too long.



Couch Potato: Uncyclomedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment