Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Famous Last Words: Starting off the Semester

I loved all of the stories that I read this week and had trouble picking a favorite to use as a base to retell my story. I had time to do both portions and ended up finishing a week before the deadline. I remember the story about the cunning crane and the crab the most because I really like stories where the trickster gets tricked. I focused on those kinds of stories last semester in Mythology and Folklore. I enjoyed the writing I did in this class the most this week. I also wrote an essay for my Native American Music class but the creative writing I do in this class is more enjoyable. I did use a new writing style where I changed the characters in the story which I have never done before. I did not read any stories written by others this week but I read almost all of the introductions and I am excited to get to know others through the types of stories that they will write. My other classes have already become a little overwhelming and stressful because I am taking a lot of my upperdivision microbiology courses and I am glad that I have this class as a stress reliever. I really enjoy reading about growth mindset in this class because it helps give me motivation to get through my difficult classes. There aren’t really any connections between this class and my other classes because I mainly take science classes. I hope to stay on top of the reading and storytelling for this class as well as work ahead in the class whenever I can so that the workload doesn’t get piled on all at once. I also hope to maintain composure and not stress out too much over my other classes because stress is horrible for your health.

It's only the beginning: Snap Leadership



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are so far ahead! Good for you. I definitely need to get on that track, and I think that doing all the extra credit now is a good idea! I also think this semester is very stressful. I am taking 21 hours and am worried that I have tried to do too much. I feel like this class equips us with strategies to help in our other courses as well though so hopefully it isnt too bad!

    ReplyDelete