Sunday, January 14, 2018

Growth Mindset: Learn from Other Students

"I've learned new study habits and also to be adaptive in each class. For instance, when I take a class I try to find a strategy that will help me learn more for that specific class, which is sometimes much different then how I study for my other classes."
Learn to Adapt: Padlet

I have never thought about growth mindset in this way because I study the same exact way for every class. I cram all of the information in my head the night before the exam and it may not be the best way to study but it has always been successful for me so I continue my habit even if it means severe sleep deprivation during my exam. I should try adapting to new study habits for each class.

"I have always heard people talk about how they always got A's in high school, but once they hit college, they no longer felt smart anymore because they did not get A's. People get praised for the grade, but not for the effort itself"

I want to work on praising myself for the effort that I put into studying rather than the grade I get out of it because I am usually left really disappointed whenever I get a test back and the score doesn't reflect the amount of time and effort I put into studying. 


Listen, Learn, Adapt: Digital Marketing


No comments:

Post a Comment