Friday, January 19, 2018

Feedback Thoughts

I read Eight Things Students Should Do When They Make a Mistake and realized that I need to really learn to embrace feedback following those guidelines. I like receiving feedback so that I can improve my writing but at the same time, sometimes it hurts whenever I read someone's criticism about my work that I may have spent hours on. I also read 14 Signs Your Perfectionism Has Gotten out of Control which I can definitely relate with some of the signs but not all of them. I do sometimes get defensive whenever I receive criticism and "misery likes company" is a common feeling I have had. 
The most productive feedback I have received was from my composition class that I took in high school because we had to peer review each others' essays. A negative experience I have had came from one of the clubs I was an officer for, there was a complaint that there were too many service events on the weekends and they couldn't attend but when I made the event on the weekdays instead, they also complained that they couldn't come. It was a deadlock situation that I didn't know how to resolve. 


Feedback: Truqu

No comments:

Post a Comment