Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Feedback Strategies

I read Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback that Fosters a Growth Mindset and I also read The Difference Between Praise and Feedback. I agree with both articles in that people should praise the process instead of a personality trait just as Carol Dweck has stated as well. I do catch myself giving feedback with the same phrases that the second article said not to use. I typically begin my feedback comments with "I think..." or "I like that...." when I should focus more on the person I am giving feedback to. I need to learn to take out my feelings and emotions. I have gotten to practice giving feedback all last semester when I took Mythology and Folklore but there's always room for improvement. 


Feedback Matters: Leahy's

No comments:

Post a Comment