Friday, February 9, 2018

Learning Challenge: Reading out loud

When I read the stories out loud, I was able to picture the scenes a lot better because I was focusing on the imagery. I also felt more of the emotion that each character was feeling because I found myself trying to match the tone of the dialogue. It deepened my understanding of the story beyond what the words show. The advantages of reading out loud are catching more details that I didn't before and understanding each character's perspective better. The disadvantages of reading out loud are that it takes longer to finish reading stories and it is often difficult to find an isolated place where you can read out loud and not annoy anyone else in the room. I will definitely try to read out loud when I have time!


Reading out Loud: Powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment