Thursday, February 1, 2018

Famous Last Words: Only 3 Weeks in and I'm Already Stressed

I loved that the readings this week connected episode by episode rather than being separate stories. I read both parts all at once because I did not want to stop reading. I really enjoy the story of the Ramayana because there are a lot of romantic and heroic scenes which I live for such as when Rama fell in love with Sita at first sight. I ended up waiting till the day the reading was due to actually read it which made me feel like a slacker. I never let the deadlines define when I complete the assignments. I normally always finish the assignments a week before or at least the weekend before. One of my favorite scenes was when Sita persistently demanded that she accompany Rama on his exile. Her devotion and love for him is astounding. I did try a new writing style this week by writing from the perspective of the villain. I tried to sympathize with the villain and see how things could be seen from their point of view. I enjoyed the different path I took this week with storytelling. It was interesting reading others’ stories this week because I happened to read two different stories that were based on the same original story so I got to see how that one original story could be reinterpreted in so many ways. In the human physiology class that I am a TA for, the professor always says to bring growth mindset to each class and she shares articles about growth mindset on the main canvas page so I always think about this class when I see anything about growth mindset because I was first introduced to growth mindset when I took mythology and folklore. I am dreading my multitude of exams next Friday so I plan on doing all of the assignments this weekend that are due next week. 


The Struggle: YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment