Friday, February 2, 2018

Learning Challenge: Empathy in Class Reading

In the episode called Hanuman and Sita of the Ramayana, Hanuman provides a wonderful example of empathy. Sita is skeptical of Hanuman because she has been deceived by Ravana multiple times. Hanuman proves who he is to Sita by showing compassion and empathy for what Sita and Rama are going through. He feels agony for the fact that Sita was taken away by Ravana and Sita can sense that empathy so she trusts him. It didn't go into specifics about what words Hanuman used to express this empathy so I don't really know how I can apply it to my life. I do empathize with others but I never know what words to say to make them feel better. I definitely empathized with the characters while reading the Ramayana. I especially empathized with Sita because of everything she had to go with the abduction, accusations against her faithfulness, and then her exile by Rama. How the rest of the characters react to the actions of Rama against Sita help the audience empathize with Sita. I can try adding dialogue from other characters too in order to bring out empathy from the audience.


Empathy among dogs: Medium

No comments:

Post a Comment