Friday, February 16, 2018

Famous Last Words: Chinese New Years!

I liked that the readings this week were also about the Ramayana but from a different perspective. I liked reading it from someone else’s point of view because they provided details that I hadn’t thought about or that I didn’t see before when I was reading the first version I read. I also saw how one story could be interpreted so many ways. I did have time to do both portions of the reading and the part I remember the most was the scene between Kaikeyi and Manthara because I previously wrote my story from Manthara’s perspective because I felt like she was misunderstood since she never told Kaikeyi what to do with the two boons in the first version I read. However, in the second version I read, Manthar was truly evil and she did tell Kaikeyi to banish Rama for 14 years. For my future readings, I will probably do research behind the background and see if there are other versions as well that I could read before I write my story to avoid a misguided story with a very narrow scope. I loved the stories I read from other people, I also found people who wrote stories focusing on one character’s point of view. My other classes are stressful as always but I can always depend on this class to de-stress. I really like reading others’ stories in this class and taking the time to sit down and just type away my stress on a page. I hope to get ahead for next week and stay on top of my material so that I can finish the class early. I am excited for this weekend because it is Chinese New Years so my family has a huge celebration so I am looking forward to all of the food and bonding time with my family.



New Year: Metro

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosa! I definitely love how you re-wrote the story in a different perspective. I completely changed the story and I may try what you did last time!
    I am so glad that you had such a fun weekend planned and I hope that you enjoyed celebrating the Chinese new year!
    Thank you for sharing and I look forward keeping up with you over the course of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosa! I completely agree with you that this class is a great way to destress. It is relaxing and enjoyable to read all of the material and not have analyze the material too much. In one of my classes last week, my professor handed out red envelopes to us with different pictures of dogs on them. I had no idea about this tradition within Chinese New Year celebration. I hope you had a great time with your family to celebrate Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete