Friday, February 9, 2018

Famous Last Words: First Round of Midterms Over

I loved finishing up the Ramayana this week. The first two parts from the previous week set up the scene well but introductions are usually not as interesting. The last two parts had a lot more action with fight scenes as well as heroic scenes where Rama saves Sita. One of the scenes that stood out to me the most was when Sita stepped into the fire to prove her innocence after Rama saved her from Ravana. I was also enraged when I read about Rama exiling Sita because rumors were rampant through the kingdom about Sita’s unfaithfulness while she was in Ravana’s captive. I honestly didn’t have time to read the stories or write a story this week, I ended up working ahead so I completed the assignments the weekend before. It’s always enjoyable to read others’ writings because there’s so many creative ways to retell the stories. I liked the ones where it focused on one person’s perspective to really see the emotions and thoughts of that person. I also liked the stories that were told in a more modern setting because it made the story easier to read because one of the things I struggled with in the readings was stumbling over the words I didn’t know and having to look up what the words meant or who the characters were which broke my flow of reading so then it took a while to get back into the flow of what I was reading. This week has been one of the most stressful weeks I have had in a while because I had so many exams on one day so I fell behind in my other classes. I will make sure to be back on track next week for this class and hopefully explore a new writing style! 



Surviving Midterms: Memes

No comments:

Post a Comment